Affinity Optimized Short Peptide Tag
The Spot-Tag® has an affinity-optimized 12 amino acid sequence PDRVRAVSHWSS. The Spot-Tag is strongly bound by the Spot-Nanobody. The inert tag sequence can be added to the N-terminal and to the C-terminal side of the protein of interest. This works by PCR using modified primers or by using any of the Spot vectors offered (click here for more information). The expression of Spot-tagged proteins has been successfully tested in bacteria, yeast, mammalian cell lines, plant and insect cells.
| || |
Overview of Spot related products by application
Spot-Trap® is the Spot-Nanobody coupled to agarose or magnetic agarose beads.
- NO contaminating heavy & light antibody chains
- Harsh washing conditions
- Native & non-native elution
- High affinity, stringent wash
Spot-Cap® is an optimized Spot-Nanobody derivative coupled to agarose beads for purification of Spot-tagged proteins.
- One step protein purification
- High binding capacity
- Multiple regeneration cycles
- Effective elution at 4°C with Spot-peptide or pH shift
Spot-Label® is the Spot-Nanobody conjugated to fluorescent dyes. The bivalent Spot-Label is the first Nanobody/ peptide-tag that was applied in super-resolution microscopy.
- Higher resolution
- Better epitope access & tissue penetration
- Very small probe size
A selection of Spot-Tag vectors is available. Alternatively, Spot-Tag can be easily cloned by PCR primers.
Non-conjugated Spot-Nanobody is called Spot VHH, recombinant binding protein and can be used for:
- Very sensitive in Western blot and ELISA
- Coupling of dyes, biotin, etc. via NHS Ester reaction